So these are how to begin tracing email sender using Trace Email:
1. Visit www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/
You’ll be asked to enter email header of the suspected email you received. Email header contains few information about the email you received like IP address of sender and receiver of that email.
Below is how to get the email header:
- New Yahoo Mail: right-click the email you received and choose View Full Headers.
- Classic Yahoo Mail: open the email and click “View Full Header” at the bottom of the page.
- Gmail: open the email you received, you’ll find an arrow image that is pointing down (next to the reply menu), then choose Show Original.
- Hotmail: right click the email and choose View Source.
- Outlook Express: open the email then click File -> Properties -> Details -> Message Source.
- Microsoft Outlook: double click the email to open it in Full Window view, open Options -> View.
2. Copy-paste the email header you have got to www.IP-adress.com/trace_email/
Then click “Trace Email Sender” button.
3. Done! You'll get the email sender’s information like you can see in the screenshot below:
If you want to get more detail info of the email sender, just click again the “Who Is” button to get more complete information.
Why not try it now? It's free!